rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Saint Petersburg Scammers

The Saint Petersburg Scammers

Quote: (06-07-2018 04:57 PM)zatara Wrote:  

Quote: (06-07-2018 03:46 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

This scam has been discussed in many other threads. But I am not sure why no one in this thread has discussed the obvious solution (aside from screening the women more carefully): Every time you enter a new bar always ask to see a written drink menu that lists the prices of all drinks. If the bar does not have one, then walk away (unless the prices are clearly identified verbally). Be especially wary of a woman ordering an entire bottle of wine or champagne. This is where the huge ripoffs occur.

Even if a bar shows you a written menu its very easy for them to add on various "service charges" and "taxes". Or else to claim the drinks menu prices changed after midnight or X hour, that what you originally saw was a happy hour special etc. Having seen a menu doesn't achieve much.

Its far better off just bringing the girl(s) to a bar of your choice instead.

My point, and I may not have been clear, is that you always check the written drink menu (or at least ask about the prices), even when you visit a bar of your choice (because you are in a foreign land and do not know the lay of the land). If you are new in town, simply going to a random bar of your choice will not necessarily prevent a scam. All it really takes is a holistic approach of exercising basic common sense to avoid these scams.

Let's face it, a scam bar will not have great TripAdvisor reviews, so choosing the place yourself is a great first step. But also check the drink menu because a lizard may still order a $200 bottle of wine in a legitimate bar without consulting you.

Messages In This Thread