rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weight loss basics?

Weight loss basics?

I posted this in a PM to GodFather Dust, but it occurred to me that they might help other people so I'm posting them here too:

Quote:Quote:

First: what is your bodyfat percentage? You need to know this if you're going really heavy in the gym because it's going to influence your diet. There's a big difference between being built like Mark Henry and being a fatass who just needs to put the pizza down.

Second, with your size you should think about getting tested for sleep apnea. Do you ever have insomnia problems? If so, definitely do it. That will fuck up your weightloss bad. Sleep is incredibly important to weightloss, and good quality sleep even moreso.

Third, get a thyroid panel done. That's another thing that can fuck with weightloss too, and it's very common. It's fixable with a cheap pill, and it's something you'll want to correct if you have it.

Fourth, a supplement that works well is green tea extract, you can get it in decaf if you don't like taking caffiene. I've taken it myself and seen good results. It's also like 12$ a bottle or something.

Fifth, casiene protein as opposed to the typical whey works wonders for weight loss. Fills you right up. There was a study done several years ago in Sweden where people on Casiene lost like 30% more weight than people on the standard whey, if you're curious I can dig it up. Maybe start mixing some in with your typical blend.

Also, GD can you post your PRs for your compound lifts (Bench/Squat/Deadlift)? I'm trying to get a picture of your bodytype and I'm kind of struggling. I don't know many people who put in serious gym effort over a sustained period of time and are still morbidly obese.

I think last time I posted this info (There was another guy asking for help with weight sometime last year) there was something of a misunderstanding with some of the other members, so to make it perfectly clear: the most important thing is a diet and exercise program (In your case, diet mostly). If you do everything I listed and continue eating like shit, you will not lose as much weight as you want. But if you do get your diet in order, the things I listed above will accelerate your progress dramatically.

Messages In This Thread