rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weight loss basics?

Weight loss basics?

Quote: (06-02-2018 10:11 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I don't doubt that he's one of the best athletes of his generation. There is no debate there, but I doubt he built his body off of just dips, push ups, pull ups and sit ups. His forearms are nearly as large as his biceps and he has massive traps.

I'm not saying he was in the gym smashing weights, but I do not buy his claims at face value. They sound outlandish in a way that triggers my bullshit alarm.

Assuming his soup and bread story is true, that's like, what? 500 calories a day? [Image: icon_lol.gif]

What I do believe: he probably has some crazy good genetics considering how great he looked in that Strikeforce MMA fight he had at 50 years old. I am not convinced that you or I would have comparable physical results to someone like Walker on a diet like his and I think just handing out his diet as some template isn't intellectually honest without putting it in context.

Like I said, I cannot confirm his claims, but I can, honestly say that since the early eighties, this same argument has gone on--very publicly, as far as collegiate athletes go, and I have never heard a single one of his teammates refute his claim and say, "Nah, that motherfucker downs a prime rib every night!" Seriously... In this day and age, someone would've refuted it. I've followed him since I was a child. No one has ever refuted his claim, that I know of.

And, you're prolly spot on, none of "us" could ever do that and he's just a genetic mutant. But, that seems to be the case. But, I've known other mutants who could stay out all night drinking and smoking, have zero sleep, then show up in the morning and crush 60 high class athletes, who all stayed in and carb-loaded, drank gatorade, took a couple motrin in the morning, suck down some carb jelly-- and this guy completely crushes everyone in a 12-mile run. Would've been great to be that guy.

It's not fair. It sucks. But, those people exist.

Messages In This Thread