rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Massive Melbourne, Australia Datasheet

Massive Melbourne, Australia Datasheet

Hey gentlemen, it is 90% confirmed that I would be spending the next 2 years of my life at UniMelb and I will arrive in Melbourne end July.

I am currently in the midst of the same olds of moving to a new city and I would appreciate any help I can get from this forum, first beers on me when I arrive.

1. Apartment Hunting

I am looking at an apartment in Brunswick and I'm considering if it would be a good area to be at for 2 years. Things I am unwilling to compromise on: 1. Safe neighbourhood 2. Less than 30mins to UniMelb's Parkside campus 3. Private room

I am currently looking at student apartments. I can do shared accomodations but no shared rooms and I''m looking at something around AUD1000-1500 a month.

2.Cost of Living

I am going as an international student so money will be tight. I will be getting about AUD1500 a month from home excluding rent and I am also going to get some work if my lifestyle demands more. I can cook and will be looking to cook at least 50% of my meals. I dont have any particularly expensive hobbies but would like have a decent lifestyle with maybe the occasional purchase of a pair of shoes or a piece of clothing to update my wardrobe every month or so. Melbourne is foreign to me so I would like to get your opinions if 1500(excluding rent) is a livable sum of money.

3. University Life
I have heard tons of stories about life in UniMelb and they are hardly consistent. What is the culture there like? Unfortunately, I would be missing the first week of school due to commitments back home and will only be starting school on the second week, are there major freshman activities that are scheduled on the first week that could be a potential setback if I miss them? I apologise for any lack of understanding but it is my first time in college and first time in college in Australia.

Game-wise, I like Asian girls so based on what I read on this thread so far, the FOB girls would be my bread and butter. I am confident in my fashion sense, definitely not some skinny badly dressed FOB dude that can hardly look women in the eye. At this stage, remaining optimistic about game in Melbourne.

All in all, I am looking forward to arriving in Melbourne late July. To those that I have met on my travels and will be in Australia, it would be great to meet up. To the Aussie vets, I am excited to learn and pick your brain for advice. Regardless, first beers on me. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread