rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Archer's gym progress thread

Archer's gym progress thread

I want to make a complete accountability thread dedicated to my progress in gym over time. For a initial post I want to put some info about me, so all can see from where I am starting from.

Stats:
- 175 cm (5 foot 9)
- 67,8 kg (149,5 lb)
- BF: 19% (calipers method using 3 places on a body)

I am classic skinny fat dude, with 95% of fat situated around belly area. I will not post my current measurements for now, but month after this post I will write post where I will compare measurements and difference between that day and today’s measurements.

Training and goals:
I decided to pick out Starting Strength as a routine I will use. In consideration was also Greyskull but I think I will do Greyskull (or some other program) after SS. I will follow program as intended in book, except I will not do GOMAD. Regarding progression, I am aware I would need after some time finer increments in weight so there is a necessity for micro plates. This gym doesn’t have this kind of plates. I will ask though if I can bring my own as I could easily make them at home.
My goal is to get out of newbie phase and before that, utilize newbie gains as much as I can, gaining as much muscle and strength as possible.

Nutrition:
I will not write what I eat but will just say few things. In last year I managed to eat as healthily as possible, weighing food when I can. Scale moves where I want it to move. For starters I am eating 2600 kcals with at least 150 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs and 70 grams of fats. Occasional whey with milk and/or mass gainer when I can’t fulfill all macros for the day.

Exercises:
Squat: 40 kg (88 lb)
Bench press: 30 kg
Press: 30 kg
Deadlift: 70 kg (154 lb)

I am beginning with phase 1 of SS that will last me for 3 weeks after which I will introduce barbell row (not power clean) and enter phase 2. Starting weights of squat and bench press are to most of you a joke, but keep in mind I have never done them before at home so I don’t know what I am capable of. If they are too light, 5 kg increments each time will not be a problem.
The most I ever lifted at home with deadlift was 80 kg, but that was more than a month ago so I will start with 70 kg. Regarding press, at home most I ever lifted was 38 kg but I will start from 30 kg to practice better technique and control. Again, I will probably get very fast to weight I did at home.

How I will log progress:
Tomorrow I will write short observation of my first workout. I will not log here each training day but will instead write one post on Friday (last workout day of week).

That is it for now and I promise I will not write so much in future. [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread