rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chef's Lounge

Chef's Lounge

Crabcakes; a recipe to seduce and entertain at home. We can do this recipe for a fraction of the cost at a restaurant; it is not very cheap though. At any restaurant you are sure to pay at the very least $13.00 for one, I'll show you how to make one for $3/each. If you buy at Costco or Restaurant Depot, you can make it even cheaper. I spent about $35.00, given that I already had the veggies and the condiments.

Ingredient: 1/2 lb of claw crab meat, 1 lbs of lump crab meat. I use leak, green onion, parsley, 1/2 lemon, two eggs, mustard, mayonnaise ... and because I felt like making it hot, two jalapenos, and 1 tiny scotch bonnet pepper.

I forgot to include in the picture an essential ingredient: Panko Breadcrumbs.

[Image: 20180402_220128.jpg]

Spread the crab meat in two bowl, and chopped very little the leak (in this recipe I only use the white part), green onions, parsley, and the hot stuff.

[Image: 217ab6.jpg]

Break the eggs in another bowl and beat them. Add the mustard and mayonnaise (in the quantities shown in the picture) and beat them again to mix it all together.

[Image: 3.jpg]

Throw in the bowl half of the claw meat, half of the clump meat, and about 50 grams of the panko, as shown in the first picture; then, add the chopped vegetables as shown in the 2nd picture; and mix it all well with your hands.

[Image: 4.jpg]

At this point I had mixed it and I forgot to add my staple, garlic ... you can obviate it if you are having a date but I won't because for me it is essential.

[Image: 5.jpg]

Mix it in .....

You are left with the mix (left side of the bottom picture), and half of the crab meat (right side of the bottom picture.)

The mixture is wet and it sticks a little to your hands, that should be the consistency. I licked my fingers and it was hot as hell. I didn't bother with salt and pepper, it has enough flavor for my taste that I won't miss them. I'd like to add you can pretty much play with the ingredients as you want, feel free to explore flavors. I have read people use tabasco or tartar sauce, whatever.

[Image: 6.jpg]

Next you will form balls out of the wet mix, as shown in the first picture. Then, to each one of the balls formed with the wet mix, you add some of the crab meat from the second bowl. Do not mix it, simply add to it putting it together gently. The purpose is to incorporate chunks and flakes of crab meat into each ball. They came out to be anywhere from 90 to 115 grams each.

[Image: 7.jpg]

To the oven it goes. I like to bake them at 410 so it gets brown and solid on the outside .... the inside doesn't take long to cook because the crab meat is already cooked and the eggs cooks pretty quickly as you can imagine. You can also broil in high, 5 to 7 minutes on each side .. so 5 minutes and flip it and 5 minutes on the other side. Keep a close eye on it, and when you think it is ready, it will; it might take a little longer depending on your over and temperature.

[Image: 8.jpg]

This is what I mean with ready

[Image: 9.jpg]

The end of result of this recipe is a delicious crabcake that is very flavorful, perfect consistency in the inside, and crispy yet tender in the outside.

[Image: 10.jpg]

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein

Messages In This Thread