rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

Bumping this thread, just returned from a trip to Scottsdale. Oldtown is great for day drinking, but it dies out around 10:30 or 11pm.

On the other hand, the Entertainment District is the place to go at night. Although it's still technically considered Oldtown, it's a bit North of the heart of Oldtown. The Entertainment District easily has 12 bars and clubs all within walking district, including the W, Maya and Whiskey Row.

If you want to stay around there, the W is the place to be. I stayed in Northern Scottsdale, and it was a 10 minute drive down Scottsdale Rd. to get there. You can google Entertainment District Scottsdale for the exact location of each bar, but for a quick reference the Entertainment district is a small pocket west of Scottsdale/Drinkwater, and in between Camelback Rd. and Indian School.

Also, for those of you planning a trip you want to understand the different areas of Scottsdale. There's Scottsdale, Old town Scottsdale, South Scottsdale and Northern Scottsdale. And then there's Arcadia and Paradise Valley, which are technically different areas but encompass the area everyone considers Scottsdale.
The poorer area of Scottsdale is South Scottsdale and I would not recommend staying there. Old town, which includes downtown and the Entertainment District, is central with bars, restaurants all within walking district.

Northern Scottsdale is where all the money is. It's also where all the cougars and hot girls live. I personally enjoy staying in Northern Scottsdale because it reminds me of where I'm from in Southern California. The problem with North Scottsdale is that the nightlife consists of restaurants/lounges like Sumomaya and Ra, both on Scottsdale Rd. I'm used to hitting up girls at these kinds of places, but I imagine many guys would be uncomfortable in these situations. Many girls are seated eating dinner and you have to work the whole table.

For day game I would hit the Kieran Commons and the Scottsdale Quarter. Of course, day game in the Summer would be miserable. One good spot is the Press coffee house at the Scottsdale Quarter. Go there for a cup of coffee at like 9 am on weekend and wait for the Cougars to come in.

Also here are some notes about Phoenix in general. Nightlife in Phoenix proper is spread out and you have to know where to go. I would not recommend hanging out n Phoneix unless you absolutely have to. Other than Scottsdale, you have Tempe (ASU) but as some have mentioned it's a young scene. Of course no man outgrows 21 year old girls. But it's safe to say that we all outgrow the 21 year old party scene. Beyond those two, hit the Westfield area of Glendale (great for Mexican girls) and then Chandler.

Messages In This Thread