rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Fighting

On Fighting

I'll admit it's a huge adrenaline rush, even when you lose. I last got into a serious fight in 2011. I might have mentioned it on this forum before, but I white knighted for a girl who was getting pushed around. The guy was a university rugby player or rower, much taller and muscular than me, but I was drunk and thought my intermediate(ish) boxing skills would see me through. I got battered.

Then the girl (turns out she was his girlfriend) I was trying to protect told the police I'd started it for no reason. Thankfully, some local take away owners who liked me and saw the whole thing told the police what had actually happened. I declined to press charges even though I had mutual friends with the guy. Fair fight and all that.

A year and a half later, I'd joined the forum and realised never to white knight in those situations ever again. I doubt I'll ever get into a fist fight again, I'm too old, mature, and simply don't go into those types of environments often enough. But I recommend everyone to learn something like Muay Thai, Boxing etc because in most situations where you're forced to fight, it helps. I was just in there with someone so much bigger that it would need me to be a pro or something for it to negate the size difference.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread