rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intuitive's Training Journal

Intuitive's Training Journal

Stats/background- 6'1 177 (this morning), approximately 12% bf. Late 30's. I have been physically active my whole life, but weights have always been my main interest. In my early 20's I was heavy as 210 at a similar bf% but have no interest in being that big again. My goal is to get as strong as possible while staying under 185. I am a big advocate of very low volume, heavy training with compound movements but I do mix in a cumulative fatigue approach because I also like to have big muscles and it breaks up the monotony.

Here is Monday's workout to get things started-

Bench-
195x4
195x2
190x4

Decline sit ups, as high as the bench will go (or low depending how you look at it)-
+30x8
+30x7

When training heavy I keep the rest between sets long, in the 4-5 minute range. I train alone so I don't go to failure on bench, but I do occasionally on other movements.

I started getting back in the gym about 6 weeks ago after a layoff due to the birth of my first child. I have gained about 3 pounds but have added about 10-15% to all my lifts. I chalk this up to CNS adaption and muscle memory.

Messages In This Thread