rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Fighting

On Fighting

Quote: (02-12-2018 04:53 PM)Rob Banks Wrote:  

My point was simply that "avoid all fights unless your life is in danger" is bad advice, in my opinion. I think there are plenty of situations where responding to a provocation with violence can be the right thing to do, even if your life is not in danger. Like I said before, if you think I'm wrong, I'd be glad to hear why.

You do have a point. I bet 100% of the people saying to "avoid all fights unless your life is in danger" would also say "you can't trust a man who's never been punched in the face". You can't have it both ways.

Obviously it's a terrible idea to go around getting into fights all the time because the risk of getting seriously hurt is there, as is the risk of legal trouble, but to focus on these gives a disproportionate perception of those risks. The vast majority of fights end without anyone getting seriously hurt, but when we analyse it in the cold logical light of day, we can see that the pay off isn't often worth that risk...but occasionally it can be. I'm sure I'll be accused of boasting here, but Ive been in dozens of fights (mostly through work as a bouncer, and not in the last 15-odd years) and have suffered zero legal ramifications, and only a few very minor injuries. It's totally exhilarating and can raise status and solidify friendships.

While it's generally good advice, I'd like to think most of us are smart enough to realize there are exceptions to the rule.

Messages In This Thread