rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chef's Lounge

Chef's Lounge

I have settled on something for dinner. Pesto stuffed pork fillet with a creamy sundried tomato risotto.

For the pork:

I was planning to blast some pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and basil, throw in some olive oil and ricotta and create a bit of a paste. I don't know whether to add capers etc, or whether to leave it simple and rustic as above.

I'll then slice the pork fillet open, put some basil leaves in there, and slap some of the paste on. I was then thinking to tie the fillet up, egg it, and roll it in some parmesan. Again, not sure whether I shouldn't throw in a few herbs, and make it a parmesan and herb crust. Thoughts appreciated.

For the risotto, it'll be fairly standard. Some plum tomatoes, garlic, onion, butter, sundried tomatoes and sundried tomato paste, some veg stock, parmesan, a bit of parsley lemon and white wine.

I'd love a suggestion for a wine pairing, and obviously any potential improvements to either the pork or the risotto. Perhaps marinating the pork in olive oil, garlic, basil, apple cider vinegar etc?

Messages In This Thread