rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hair sucks (need advice)

Hair sucks (need advice)

Your head shape is not an issue, you just have an unflattering haircut. Not to worry.

I've posted about this before. What you need to do is look for fashionable celebrities who have similar hair and/or face as you. Do your homework.

When you go to the barbershop, don't explain to your barber what you want - take a picture with you and show it to them. Discuss it with him. Ask him what he thinks, if he thinks it will suit you. I can't stress this enough. I was embarassed about it at first - I used to just tell to "give me a trim" but my hair looked terrible. I didn't understand that I wasn't communicating properly to get them to cut it like I envisioned it.

Your hair looks kind of similar to John Mayer's early on in his carreer, except yours is a little shorter and more spiked up (if you grew it out more, it would probably weigh down and look like the picture below).

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I've looked him up before because my hair was similar to his (and yours), although mine is curlier.

With a good hairstylist and some pomade, your hair can look like this in a few months (after you grow out certain areas):

[Image: john-mayer.jpg]
[Image: john-mayer-face-snapchat.jpg]

Nick Jonas has almost an almost identical type of hair as I do. This is the exact picture I showed my barber last time I was there:

[Image: download.png]

This cut would probably suit you as well.

As far as products go, ask your hairstylist after he cuts your hair. "What should I use to get it to look like the picture?". Easy. When my hair is longer, I like American Crew Forming Cream; now that it's shorter, I prefer a matte gel (I use a local brand). Gels and pomades make a world of difference in the final look.

Invest in a good barber, at least for a few haircuts, so you can experiment with different styles.

Messages In This Thread