rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Fighting

On Fighting

Quote: (01-22-2018 12:01 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

When I was young ie early 20's I wouldn't say I went out looking for fights, but certainly wasn't one to back down from one either. Looking back I almost felt it was kind of a right of passage type thing being young stupid, getting in barfights, etc.

Over the years I've seen some things happen that really illustrate how stupid most fights are. One buddy of mine wound up being paralyzed for life in a street fight. The kid who did it "won the fight" but went to jail for a couple years, my buddy was in the hospital for over a year, multiple surgeries, will never walk again adn will essentialy live with his parents needing someone to do everything for him for the rest of his life.

Another buddy of mine had a lot going for him, owned a mortgage company, fit handsome guy all the chicks a dude would ever want, nice house, owned some properties, etc. Got into a bar fight over something stupid spilled drink or something, hit the guy one time, guy falls wrong goes into a coma. He wound up trying to pay another buddy of ours who is kind of a screwup 20k to take the rap. I believe the bar had surveillance footage. Never got to the bottom of what happenned stopped hanging around with those guys but I imagine he got taken for everything he was worth.

Point being really think carefully about what fights your willing to take and if it's worth it. If someone punches your girl in the face or spits on her or something handle your business but anything along the lines of you got bumped into, drink spilled, someone wants to act tough its just not worth it.

I can honestly say looking back at all the bar fights and stuff I got into, I can't honestly say a single one was worth it

*Edit, one last thing, someone brought up weapons. In the town I used to live in at some yuppie upscale bar two guys go into an altercation, basically the type of place you don't expect fights and would probably expect to be able to take almost anyone in the bar. Guys bumps into someone spills their drink, guy gets into a altercation, guy who bumped into him pulls out like a fucking bowie knife and stabs the guy in the heart and he dies. All over a spilled drink.

This. I hope I would have the sense to deescalate, I've read a few stories of people getting killed in stupid bar fights. Quite a few years ago a kid at my brother's college got in a fight with a bouncer at a bar. The bouncer beat the shit out of him, killed him, and is now doing 25 in prison. The bar scene there still hasn't recovered, I think they passed some new law named after the dead kid as well. I'll go at it if absolutely necessary but 25 years of my life ain't worth pounding some scrub

Messages In This Thread