rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Fighting

On Fighting

Quote: (01-26-2018 11:06 PM)Teep Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2018 10:53 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I can't remember the last time I saw a "fair" fight that wasn't in sports competition. It's like dudes these days feel like it's obligatory to jump in or your friends are going to shame you later.

But in that video above of the "head kick knockout" there were so many wretched things that happened. Bunch of dudes on one dude. They take the boots to him when he's down (we never did that--dude goes down, he's down, fights over). Then to kick a helpless dude's head like a fucking soccer ball when he was clearly beaten. Geesh! Those thugs need to be rounded up and summarily executed.

I spent part of my childhood in Europe, and part in the U.S. On both sides of the Atlantic, it was universally accepted that a fight was supposed to be 1-on-1. It's just part of the Western ethos.

It was the only the more recent arrivals (ie..non-whites) that behaved like a pack of hyenas.

I'd add that seeing that behavior was of the things that drove my politics right-ward. I was very libertarian..almost liberal...until I witnessed the tribalism that exists in other ethnic groups and in other parts of the world.

Agreed. Though, I must say that as a young child I lived in the "projects"--government housing (i.e. only two white families in this sprawling ghetto)--and I had only one white friend. All my other friends were black. Everyone got into fights all the time and they didn't behave like the guys these days. There was never a "gang" style assault. I could estimate that I saw 3 fights/week (or was involved in) and I never witnessed the pack behavior of these days.

I wish I could put my finger on the exact when/why everything changed and now we're stuck with this bullshit.

Messages In This Thread