rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

I dunno boys... I've been in Saigon for about 9 months now and I'm ready to get the fuck out of here, enough is enough. I'm currently doing a quick tour of Vietnam as I didn't leave Saigon in 9 months.

Started in Da Lat. It was very fucking cold but that was nice after the heat of Saigon. And the buildings were tall and strong, in fact, it was my most immediate liking of a place so far in Vietnam - and you know why? Because it was like Europe. It felt very Christmassy, if you know what I mean, like I'd suddenly arrived in Vienna or Switzerland or something.

Then I went to Nha Trang - the seaside resort. That was a shithole to be honest, made Pattaya seem like a cultured place. I was travelling with a Viet girl so no gaming of any kind. Full of tourists, vast numbers of mostly Russian and Chinese. Everyone in Asia hates the Chinese because they are loud and rude by most other countries standards. The central areas have pushy and aggressive street vendors but they can just be ignored. Finding a decent coffee is damn near impossible - thank God for ABC bakery company in Vietnam if you want European style breakfast (croissants, Americano coffee etc) -I like Asian food but not for breakfast.

The sea there is filthy as are the beaches. We rode on a long road to some "surf" beach - yes it was winter and off-season but man was it garbage! Why anyone would chose to stay in a resort there when Thailand is so close, I have no idea.

I then flew to Da Nang where I am now. At first it seemed very boring (Viet girl and I parted now) but it was enhanced by renting a bike. It's OK and outside of town a kilometer or two is the more beachy area on the way to Hoi An. Perhaps one could stay there longer term but it would be fucking boring I should imagine.

Put it this way... Saigon is pretty fucking boring and it's the most major city in Vietnam so tier 2 cities are more like towns.

I rode by myself to Hoi An and got the fuck out of that tourist Disney dump as soon as I could! Everything overpriced and full of Asian & Western tourists, including daft European bitches wearing the customary elephant-print pants and dreaded dreadlocks, with Mangina ginger-beared boyfriends.

I'll fly to Hanoi this evening (begrudgingly) just to check it off so I never need an excuse to come back to Vietnam lol.

Early in my stay in Vietnam, Leighton Blackstock and I met up - he stayed a week before bailing back to Bangkok. That's how long it took him to realize that Vietnam basically... kinda sucks. It's just not developed or international enough yet to be very exciting for a Westerner used to some basics.

I could do a full write-up if wanted but it wouldn't exactly be very positive!

P E A C E O U T.

L:219  F:29  V:9  A:6  3S:1

"Water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink"

Messages In This Thread