rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you set your prices? Is there a red pill price method?

How do you set your prices? Is there a red pill price method?

^-- that H1N1 quote above is a great way to phrase it as well.

So our conception of our own Veblen could almost be one's own Pascal's Wager -- if the cost of the customer NOT having my service is sufficiently high, then what I'm pricing in "powered by Veblen" is just as easily my own fair margin well within customer's own value prop, which could be far better than I imagine (that's why you look for clues as H1N1 said, triangulating questions).

Any dollar I leave on the table whether from real or imagined "Veblen", from fear/greed, or from natural deserved margin, is fungible and ultimately in our minds (and rightly mine to try and claim). As well, the customer's to refuse to pay. Making my own market.

And so we negotiate and seek a proper price, never fearing lack of cooperation once it's clear WE CAN SOLVE THIS for you.

And if forced to give up some dollars, pair that with a reduction in scope/service that SOUNDS like it's worth less (but that you know secretly runs you more). etc. Win win. (i.e. customer thinks you gave a big concession, but maybe you scalped off the worst wart of the project).

Messages In This Thread