rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Peru Thread

The Peru Thread

I had the opportunity to spend some weeks in Lima. Here are my 2 cents:

The food is interesting and very varied because Peru is very biodiverse. From some of the tastiest sweet potatoes you’ll ever eat to chicha morada, a drink made of purple corn.... i was pleasantly surprised.

There’s also cheap and simple food that’s healthy and tasty like “Plato pobre”: rice, meat, veggies or potatoes and an egg on top, with 4 different salsas. Chinese / Peruvian food is also generally cheap, for $3-4 you get a filling plate and soup on the side. In the evenings, there are many more sophisticated restaurants to choose from. You can fine dine for +/~ $14 per main course if you’d like. Don’t forget to take a “negra” beer, it’s really good.

Don’t get me started on the nature. Desserts, oasis, beaches, mountains. Touring around the country by car for 2 months would be a great way to explore it all. If you don’t have time like I hadn’t, go to Ica and the nearby Laguna. There’s an oasis and you can go sandboarding in the desert. Or grab a panaroma bus from Central Lima and enjoy driving up a mountain.

The girls are not outgoing or spontaneous and they have a conservative and shaming upbringing. Their way of dealing with men is to heavily screen them before going on a date. Until you put in the effort they remain stiff. You have to put in time, something I was completely uninterested in because I was surrounded by such great food and inspiring nature. There’s way too much to explore in Peru, more then almost all of the 30+ countries I’ve been.

I also had a great time meeting other members and exchanging stories of our travels. Shout out to the Lima crew. Special thanks to Drix for showing me around and answering my many questions, you are a certified boss with a great taste in restaurants.

See you all when I’m back!

Messages In This Thread