rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health Sharing Ministries

Health Sharing Ministries

Quick background - 40, good shape, no preexisting medical conditions, and self employed in the US. Obamacare has been a complete disaster for me. Before Obamacare I could get a high deductible plan (5K or so) for about $100 month. I rarely go to the doctor, live an active lifestyle and still play sports, so I'd like to have some kind of insurance in case I'm hit by the proverbial bus. Over the last 4 years my monthly premiums for a shitty bronze plan w/a $7k deductible have gone from $180 to $220 to $280 and I just got notice they want to ring me up for $348 next year. This is fucking insane. I make too much money to not have insurance because the fine will be too much money. I'm looking now at health sharing ministries. Christian Health Care Ministries and Samaritan Ministries seem to be the two biggest. My monthly premium would be anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of my Obamacare plan, depending on which plan I choose. I could basically get top notch 'insurance' w/a 500 deductible and no max for $200/month, or get a lower level plan for closer to $100 month. Joining both of these would also allow me an exemption from Obamacare w/the IRS. Does anyone on the forum have any experience with these??

Messages In This Thread