rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jetset's Fitness Thread

Jetset's Fitness Thread

I need to get my shit together on this front. I'm in my mid-30s and have been off-track with workouts for the last two years.

It's not been so bad, but hypertension runs in the family and I know my conditioning isn't where I'd like it to be. I've also started getting some trap pain with fishhook headaches from being sedentary at my desk, and know I need to work on my posterior chain, shoulders, and upper back to fight that. Worse, I'm starting to get a little weight around the abdomen. Shutting that down is what got me started lifting in the first place, and that needs to stop today. With winter coming on and my summer travels and home projects winding down, I'm going to focus on putting in the work and burning off some fat immediately.

Diet is OK, but not great. Carbs have crept back in over time, but not to excess. I did stop tracking calories and supplementing. Used to do full body workouts three times a week, but with my current schedule, I can't alternate on and off days and count on myself to get to the gym and get it done. This is a bad formula for me. Lifting on Monday and taking Tuesday to rest too often means blowing off Wednesday to deal with a crisis, and that just compounds the stress because lifting calms me down, so I feel like I need to rest again on Thursday. End up lifting twice a week.

Instead, to get me started again, I've worked out a push/pull split that should let me lift most days with my home equipment and rest whenever I just can't get to it. The plan is to alternate 25 kettlebell swings with dumbbell lifts to keep my heart rate up and toughen up my posterior chain.

Also going to cut down on caffeine intake and increase fat/protein, start tracking calories and micronutrients again, and resume supplementing ZMA as well as D to start, then creatine again once I've got a baseline on my nutrition. Need to check the expiration date on my whey and greens powder. Setting my alarm half an hour earlier to make sure I can do this at dawn.

This thread is mainly for accountability to make sure I actually get any of this done. Hit my first pull day today, took it easy on myself to ease back into it, and it was as bad as I expected. Used to swing a 70 pound kettlebell between sets and would just keep going until I couldn't see through my own sweat, then get back on the bench without stopping. Today, just getting the combined 100 swings in with the 35 pounder I keep in my office and some lightweight suitcase deadlifts left my hamstrings stiff and one adductor sore. Had to pace around for a minute before my third set, and it was a junk set.

At least I didn't feel winded, I guess. That would be upsetting. I'll get there.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Messages In This Thread