rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Passive Crypto Investing vs. ICO Millions

Passive Crypto Investing vs. ICO Millions

I don't want to be a dick, but since actual money is on the line here, I'll say I would be super cautious about taking long-term investment advice from anybody who's heavily invested into IOTA. That thing is kind of junk. It's not the WORST buy in crypto right now, but it's somewhere in the bottom 20% of the high volume coins (Not gonna count shit like HTMLCoin, ArticCoin, INSN, NMR, or stuff like that, there's a whole universe of terrible cryptos out there.). IOTA is like BANCOR/Stratis level bad.

If you really want a passive income look for a masternode or proof of stake coin you like, do a ton of research until you're satisfied that it will do very well, and shell out for a node or enough to make the 8% or 10% a year you'll get running proof of stake profitable. There are no masternode based coins, with the POSSIBLE exception of Pivx (which is currently 33k for a node and returns $4 a day, YOWCH, but if PIVX goes up in value 10 times, becomes a better proposition) that I think are suitable for long-term holding at current prices, but maybe you'll find one you think makes sense. Of proof of Stake coins, PART is very good, and a good buy regardless, but I'm struggling to think of any others. Maybe ETH or ARK... Maybe.

In general, crypto is volatile and speculative enough that you should be aiming for quick turnarounds rather than long term holds. Anybody who tells you they know what the market will look like for alt-coins in a year is a liar. I expect a giant shakeout and a lot of flattened demand for things, along with a bunch of dead projects, but I don't know.

Quote:Quote:

For me my long term holds are LTC, OMG, Golem, 0x, Kyber, and of course BTC.

Decent choices, though the massive proliferation of exchange-based tokens makes me leery about buying into any of them. I've used blockchain based exchanges like Waves and it's not an experience I would care to repeat.

Messages In This Thread