rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Ended up spending 10 days in Ilhabela and same for Ubatuba. Being low season the nightlife in both places has been off. But the beauty made up for it.

I spent my last few nights on Ilhabela with an attractive woman vacationing from Minas Gerais. Tall elegant 8 with a monumental Brazilian ass. Mmm.

Explored the north end of the island with her. Jabaquara Beach is the last cove you can walk to. The view was pretty from the trail/road above but the beach was nothing special. There are nicer ones that don't take all day to get to.

The better option was peeling off at Praia Pacuiba about halfway. The surf here is decent. I caught a few waves with a local group of guys. They quickly left and we had the cove to ourselves. There's the ruins of a shack that gives just enough cover for a standup fuck. I haven't surfed and fucked in years. It was a nice throwback especially since I gave up storing my van in LA just before this trip.

My girl in SP had said we were "friends with benefits" but I think she was fishing. I posted pics of the Belo Horizonte woman on IG. Immediately SP is texting me she's jealous blah blah. She canceled meeting me in Ubatuba.

One really nice thing was catching the SP Symphony perform at an outdoor theater on the south end of the island. The music festival is every August. I saw it on the last day and it was free. I think for Brazilian Father's Day.

A hit several more waterfalls and did the hike up baepi peak. It's pretty easy and has a sick view of the channel and amazing cloud forest looking inland.

The weather turned rainy and stayed that way the whole time in Ubatuba. I connected in Caraguatatuba. A woman on the bus saw me transposing info into my phone and sat down to offer some suggestions on restaurants.

She picked me up the next morning and took me to several beaches along the north coast of Ubatuba. I kinda felt bad bc she kept saying my name and sighing. Collecting sea shells and giving them to me. But to put it nicely she wasn't my type so I didn't make a move.

I stayed in the Centro area at the ecotrip hostel. A few blocks from the bus station which was helpful since most everything here is spread out. They cook an awesome cheap dinner every night.

I was able to relax and focus on waterfalls and surfing. There's at least a dozen falls scattered around ubatuba. Maybe 100 beaches. Many had good surf and even some pipe.

I went to the BBQ at green heaven hostel. It's the party hostel, but a bit isolated at the north end of Centro. Mostly guys but a few girls. The only cute-ish one was an American who wasn't drinking and seemed closed off. Plus they only had dorms available. Part of me would have liked to stay there but too inconvenient.

I ran into a "couple" from Ilhabela. An EU girl traveling alone and Argentinian guy. We we had hung out in a group in Ilhabela several nights before. I let him have her.

I could tell he really liked her. She was maybe a 6 but by far the best of the group that night. She resisted some of his moves and kept giving me signals. I was tired and not motivated.

She finally came to stand next to me and grabbed my ass. I just moved to the side and within a few minutes the Argentinian finally got her to kiss him. A brief regret but a few hours later I met a girl more my type. It made me happy to see them still together and traveling.

In Centro you can ride a bike to the fish market, aquarium, sea turtle refuge. But that's about it. I had to take the bus and hitchhike everyday. I even hitchhiked once by boat. Flagged down a fisherman coming down the picinguaba river and got a ride into the fishing village. From there I hired a boat to couves island which has a couple small beach coves.

One woman picked me up in the morning, exchanged whatsapp, then came back to pick me up after my hike on the Rotas dos Cachoeira. Took me home to a family dinner. I'd mentioned my birthday was coming up. They had a cake for her mom and sisters bday and sang. Then relit the candles for me to blowout. Really touching since I'm always abroad traveling on my bday.

Still trying to get a boat out to anchieta island state park. The weather hasn't been good and without a group of 8-10 people the tour operators don't go. One last shot tomorrow before I move on to Rio de Janeiro state.

Yesterday I popped across the border to Paraty and Trindade. I'll probably spend as much time there as well as Ilha Grande before Rio city. Trindade had a very laid back hippy vibe. It's right up against Bocaina National Park. Paraty had a chachaca (rum) festival this past weekend but I skipped it.

I've been in Brazil two months. So I'll probably extend my visa. Americans do have to get the visa in advance, but unlike Europeans we're allowed to extend it for another three months once we are here. If what I read online is correct?

That about sums up my experience along the north coast of São Paulo State. I'll come back from Rio to SP by way of Itatiaia National Park. Would love to hear if anyone has suggestions on that section of SP.

Only other things to offer on Ubatuba is in October the birding here is supposedly world class. There's also some hikes I'd like to have done in better weather like Agua Branca Waterfall and Corcovado Peak but they are longer and I think you really need to hire a guide.

The nightlife and trendy commercial shops in ubatuba is centered around Rua Guarani. There are only 3-4 bars. Met a decent girl at blues on the rocks but was too exhausted to pursue. The morning surf here is just too good.

Oh yeah the Tropic of Capricorn runs right through ubatuba at the top of the that street. Kinda cool bc I walked the Tropic of Cancer earlier this year in Mojiang in Yunnan Province China. Didn't expect that.

This will be my last post on this thread. Hope the info helps someone plan a trip from São Paulo to Rio.

Messages In This Thread