rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weight Training Routine for Beginners?

Weight Training Routine for Beginners?

Quote: (07-14-2017 12:04 PM)DimeBait Wrote:  

Down another 5lbs.

5x5 Stronglifts is getting hard AF! I feel the burn much more now than ever before and I'm struggling. Is this normal, should back down a bit?

Drop the weight by 5-10% and stay there for a couple weeks. You cannot progress linearly forever.

You are also in a caloric deficit, which is stalling your progress. At your size it's a necessary evil. If you're a novice, you will build strength on a caloric deficit simply through practicing the lifts over and over. The gains will come slow, just give it time and keep focusing on getting leaner.

I recommend caffeine pills or a decent preworkout to keep your lifting motivation high during the workout. Lifting on a deficit sucks, especially as a beginner.

The OP doesn't need static training or anything yet, he just has to continue doing what he's doing and lose the weight, as he weighs 280ish lbs.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread