rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marijuana Stocks

Marijuana Stocks

Quote: (05-07-2017 10:30 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2017 08:24 PM)_nick1_ Wrote:  

Any recommendations? I am 18 and looking to get a jump on investing to set my self up for the future.
Great thanks
Get the basics out of the way so you can be wealthy by 40ish then worry about stock picks second. Time is on your side big time.

The basics:

1. Invest 10% or more of everything you earn in growth stock mutual funds (preferably in IRA accounts) Set these accounts up with a good no load mutual fund company or do it through your employer's 401k.
2. Don't run up credit card debt. You can have one, but pay it off each month. Also, don't run up debt in general (high interest).
3. Obvious here but, get a good paying job. One you enjoy preferably. Use the cash flow to fund your mutual funds.
4. Once you get that going, if you have extra money to invest, read "How to Make Money in Stocks" by O'Neill and Mark Minervini's two books. I'd read them a few times.

If you understand the material in these books, you'll be able to pick stocks in favorable technical set ups which is the right way to identify future big winners.

Get the mutual funds going first, because if you do that, that's almost a "sure thing" in terms of having a nice big nest egg when you're not too old. You'll be ahead of 90% of other people your age if you do just 1,2 and 3.

Messages In This Thread