rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The case for pressure cookers

The case for pressure cookers

Here is a tip - I got the one advertised on TV. I searched Amazon for stainless because I didn't want Teflon - my bad - the exterior is stainless, the interior pot that touches the food is Teflon.

Also, while these things work well, the cook times are misleading because it takes an uncertain amount of time for the thing to get up to pressure - anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. After that the timer counts down, so you are OK. It also takes 1-3 minutes to slowly depressurize once you are done. And then you take out steaming hot food to cook the next course, you have to re-pressurize which takes more time. They don't show the lead time to pressurize and depressurize on the TV commercials. Still, its a lot faster than a crock pot but for something like fish or steaming vegetables the oven or the stove top are probably faster.

Messages In This Thread