rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

The "Squat Like A Boss" clinic

Quote: (02-13-2017 08:56 PM)birthday cat Wrote:  

I got my raw squat to double-bodyweight a few months ago and I owe a thank you to StrikeBack for this thread.

One thing I will add. In my opinion, guys doing programs like Starting Strength and StrongLifts should eventually incorporate high bar squats or front squats into their programming.

I see a lot of of guys doing only low bar squats to barely parallel. You will have to drop the weight for other squat variations but the depth you can hit on other squats might change your outlook on this exercise.

Another advantage of olympic style front squats is that they expose a lot of your imbalances and posture problems. Ass to grass front squats have become my favorite exercise in the gym.

Completely agree with these. As I have gotten older front squats have become a staple. Much more naturual movement pattern and beats up the body less.

Messages In This Thread