rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Indian Politics

Indian Politics

Quote: (03-14-2017 11:14 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

I said this in the other thread as well, but Indians in the states should be praying for an H1-B crackdown. If they had any sense they'd be spearheading it themselves.

If there is a crackdown that results in say, the end of the H-1B program, any animosity that's building up towards Indians in the US will more or less immediately disappear.

10 more years of stories about how whole departments are forced to train their low-cost Indian replacements, however...

This is extremely true, but I do wonder about how many of the people fired in favor of low-cost Indians are themselves Indian or otherwise non-white? I feel like a lot of IT departments are already staffed by Asian or Indian Americans (or Indians who have been here long enough that they are basically American, like my dad). White guys who got fired from these IT departments would have seen the same thing happening to their colleagues of different races. This is why I'm not 100 % about the H1B being seen as a racial issue. I've visited my dad at work and almost all of the executives or employees are either Asian American or experienced expats from other countries (including a lot of Ukranians and Israelis).

I'm not yet in the working world (still in college) and my dad's workplace might be a unique situation, so I'm interested in hearing about how the H1B is perceived in other places.

Can't imagine how humiliating it must be to lose your livelihood so Disney can use FOBs as slave labor.

Messages In This Thread