rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Halifax, Canada

Datasheet: Halifax, Canada

Quote: (02-01-2012 07:05 AM)Hali902 Wrote:  

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum, but seeing as I grew up in Halifax I thought I would throw my .02 in on this data sheet. Scotian is on point with everything in his post, I'll just break down a few things in more detail...

Side note: I'm not big on the whole Celtic pub style scene myself so most of my nights out have been spent at the late night clubs.

Starting with the Dome, it's one huge bar complex broken up into three main bars. On the top floor you will find Taboo, which is the high-end suit game part of the club. The flyest girls (dresses and heels make up a solid 80% of the females you'll spot on any given night) are in here and the coolest events go on up here. Moving down to the middle floor, you will find Cheers. This is a more casual bar with a good mix of rock music and live bands playing. It's mainly noted for the large amount of single, older (40+) women on the prowl. And finally the bottom floor, the Dome bar itself. Gentlemen, welcome to slut central. Loud, packed, and full of easy tail for the taking. If you have solid dance floor game, you would have to try pretty hard to NOT pick up here. Countless nights I've seen escalations into makeouts, handplay, and a couple times, straight banging on the floor here. Scandalous place, and I love every minute of it! All three bars are open until 3:30am.

Next up we have the Palace, another 3:30am club....and as I said above, Scotian is on point. The bouncers here are dicks. I was also banned, because I was tagging a coat check girl and one of the beta bouncers (Dave if you know who I'm talking about Scotia, the fat dude with the goofy goatee) wasn't too fond of that, and took every chance to try and hassle me when I went. Anyhow, it was pretty much second choice to the Dome for the past several years, but lately I've been told it's making a solid comeback and is filling up pretty nicely on weekends. A good time can be had here, although I personally prefer the Alehouse next door. Again, easy girls to be found. Your biggest enemy here will be the bouncers, at both locales (Palace and Alehouse have the same door staff). Not much to add about the Alehouse itself, it is indeed a younger crowd, late night spot. It gets bumping after 2am.

Moving onto Pacifico, it is indeed a more "dressy" place where suit game will do you wonders. It's also known for it's more ethnic crowd it draws, so if you're looking to pull some sexy Middle Eastern ladies, this should be your first choice. One of my favorites, it's only open until 2am however.

As for the gay bar, Reflections...it is what it is. It's not a bad place to pick up some chicks who are straight freaks, you just have to be able to look past some of the weird shit you'll see in here. Girls using the guys bathroom, and vice versa. Seeing two guys emerge from a bathroom stall with big smiles and giggles...like I said, some strange sights. If you're not a local and you're looking to score some E or blow, this should be your first choice as well (if you're into that sort of thing). I swear pretty much everyone in here is on something. Also open late, until 3:30am...sometimes until 4 however.

The Lower Deck is legendary. Several floors, outdoor area with live bands, filled with a good mix of college aged/cougars. Best bet is to go on a Sunday night. It's been about a year or so since I last visited however, so I'm a little hazy on the closing time. I believe it's a 2am spot, could be wrong though...

Moving away from clubs and nightgame, let's get into what I personally believe are the two most valid daygame spots in the city.

The first is Spring Garden Road. It's a pretty long street going downhill towards the waterfront packed with shops/bars/places to eat. There's a few coffee shops thrown in for good mix too. At any given time of day there are fly girls in abundance all up the street and in the shops.

The second option is daygaming at Saint Mary's University (SMU, otherwise known as Robie St High). Tons, and I do mean TONS of hot young sluts. A good buddy of mine used to live a 5 minute walk away from the campus and we would hit the SMU football games, pick up, and bring them back to his place for an afternoon of debauchery.

Two final side notes:

a) I agree with Chilled, skip the Harbour Hopper, it's whack. Instead, daygame Spring Garden, get a cutie and go for an instadate walk on the waterfront. These girls see it every day but it's still romantic to them and gets them moist.

b) If you see any shady looking brothers hanging around the above clubs (mainly the Dome/Palace), do NOT fuck around with them. I saw a post floating around here before (maybe by you Scotian?) that mentioned North Prestons Finest. These cats are for real and are involved with human trafficking, and a lot of them are packing heat.

Other than that, enjoy our fine city, it doesn't get the recognition I feel it deserves. It is largely a drinking and hook-up culture here, and most of the guys in the venues here have WEAK game, so if you know what you're doing, it is easy pickings.

Great info Hali902 +1 from me and welcome to the forum! You're right about Halifax not getting the recognition it deserves, but it a little off the beaten path!

It is easily one the best cities in Canada for night life, for sure there'a a binge drinking and hook up culture! Looks like not a lot has changed in the past 5 years since I moved, Palace and Dome, except the upper part of the Dome wasn't an up-scale lounge, I forget what it was once called but they used to have a lot of live shows up there, last one I saw there was "Nashville Pussy"!

You're also right about not fucking with the bro's or anyone else in that town, people LOVE to fight there! I don't know how many times I saw students from Ontario or Navy guys from the USA come into Halifax with an attitude like "we gonna run this little town", then see them outside the Palace getting curb stomped: don't end up like this USA navy guy who tried to play hero and got killed a few years back:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2006...illed.html

Man I miss home like crazy sometimes; the food, beach, music, night life and especially the people man, you guys got it good in Hali, the girls are soooo nice and approachable, unlike out west!!

Messages In This Thread