rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali, Indonesia - Trip report/Mini-data sheet

Bali, Indonesia - Trip report/Mini-data sheet

If Bali had decent roads you could drive around the entire island in half a day. This is a telling sign, a place this small can’t remain genuine for decades on end when assaulted by tourists with fat wallets. This is one of those places in the world where anyone that doesn’t look like a local will be considered to be a walking ATM. Restaurants will have different menus for foreigners and locals (the only difference being the 4x price hike on the tourist menu), industries will develop around popular sights even if they are meant as holy places and the tourists themselves here on their 3rd or 4th visit will act as complete fuckwads.

Bali can roughly be divided in 2 areas, the beach destinations around Denpasar and the more “scenic” areas inland, mostly concentrated around Ubud. If you’re going to the Ubud area you should have sightseeing mainly on your mind. The few opportunities for game are restricted to a handful of restaurants which are filled with all kinds of tourists. There are no beaches or night life. While there will be the occasional hot tourist out here to expand her cultural awareness while willingly expanding her labia for you they are as rare in this place as responsible driving. The nature surrounding the town is beautiful though and once you’re off the beaten path it feels like you’re in the middle of a David Attenborough documentary. I spent my days in Ubud messing with monkeys, getting massages (Balienese massages are my favourite kind) and just letting work pour off my back.

The beach destinations Jimbaran, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and most of all Kuta are places filled with restaurants, massage parlours and hotels catering to tourists. While opportunities are far more plenty in this area only Kuta is concentrated enough to serve you with the number of opportunities you need. Thing is though, just about all the locals out on the town are pros and the tourists consist of a vast majority of Australians in various states of drunkenness. The Bali women have some serious stunners among them but the average is quiet low for Asia. You won’t see as many hotties as in Thailand or even Malaysia. The tourists come in all versions with the female aussie talent presenting the best opportunities. I don’t know if I’m picky but while I meet many fuckable Oz girls I felt like many didn’t know the first thing about presenting themselves in a sexy way. Flip flops and tnak tops was the order of the day. The male aussies will cockblock you madly if you talk to “their” women and they are not afraid to get rowdy. It was years ago I had to hold my own in a bar and I never do it unless I have the bouncers locked down if things goes sour. Especially not when the nationality of the aggressor outnumber me 100-1. Had to bail at this instance.

From what I understand your best bet on Bali is to day game locals unfortunately I didn’t have much opportunity for this as the days were marred by torrential downpours that could keep going for hours. I was caught on the beach by one just 5 min from my resort and was soaked to the bone by the time I got to my bungalow. Some research I did prior to going mentioned how the usually predictable weather cycles has been going haywire for the last few years on Bali. The dry season can be occasionally very rainy and vice versa. When these monsoon rains roll in you better have an escape plan. Traffic will shut down to a crawl and anything less than an ocean pack will be drenched in minutes.

So my Bali experience was a disappointment. Granted I only stayed 5 nights (out of which 3 were in Ubud) which is not enough for a really definite assessment but talking to other westerners (US/German) I got the word that Bali has gone downhill the last 5 years. Apparently it was some of the best party places on the earth in the nineties but these days little but the Cancun of Oz.

I will not return to Bali.

Messages In This Thread