rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Month on / Month off rotation Lifestyles

Month on / Month off rotation Lifestyles

Quote: (10-20-2016 07:54 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-18-2016 02:51 AM)American Jesus Wrote:  

Anyone have any more insight in how to pull off this lifestyle? I am American but currently live in Norway studying a Russian degree having taught myself Norwegian for the free education, but I'm starting to wonder if this is a dead-end career-wise and looking at alternatives.

My friend who has a Norwegian mother recently got an apprenticeship on a ship working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off but apparently you need to be a Norwegian citizen to get the apprenticeship..anyone got any ideas of how to break into a job where we can live this lifestyle? From what I understand it is basically possible to work half of your life and the other half travel freely with two months of pay dosposable income for each off period, sounds like a dream come true to a wanderer like me. Would really appreciate any ideas or feedback.

I have been living 4weeks on 4 weeks off lifestyle for more than 5 years now. Last year I have been single without any ties. This is a best way to travel and bang, as your flights get payed for, you get half year off and good wage. However I am tired and I am planning to take some time off.

The problem is oil price is low now. Market is in bad condition. Even people with experience are sitting at home without jobs. But it is a good time to start education, pick up necessary courses if you have money to invest.

Your best bet is offshore wind. Similar money, similar industry, but it is in much better condition economically as it is heavily subsidized in Europe.

They have just started building first ever offshore wind park off the coast of New York. So it might be worth looking into.

Thanks for this suggestion, just took another look at this thread because I am having the urge to escape this seemingly dead-end university degree plan that everyone else is blindly following also..

I hadn't thought about offshore wind before. I am trying to get some more information about this industry but there isn't much on google. Any idea what kind of education is needed to break into these industries? At the moment I don't have much in the way of technical skills or experience, but I'm adaptable.

It is just really hitting me that a bachelor degree in a subject like political science is by no means any guarantee of a future interesting career, just the beginning of a long quest to secure a place in the rat race, with no time to really enjoy the fruits of my labors in the form of travel..I think a rotational lifestyle may be the only way to really dedicate time while having the money to see the world in all its glory and adventuring.

Messages In This Thread