rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting a business from scratch

Starting a business from scratch

Electronic books : Amazon
Physical books : Amazon
Physical products : Amazon / Ebay
Services : Freelancer / Upwork and all the other freelancing sites

It seems that no matter what you're into, there's always some big site that acts as a platform for whoever hopes to earn money doing what they do.

The result is that 90+% of people struggle, while a tiny minority do very well, and there's not much in between.

The people who run the platform are happy because they have an endless supply of hopefuls adding content to their site, the big people are happy because they're doing well, a bunch of marketers are happy because they're selling a dream to the 90+% (i.e. buy my book and I'll teach you how to succeed at X), and those 90+% get nowhere. Not to mention all the scammers.

So I'm wondering, is it not better to start a business from complete scratch? I mean, no big (shared) platform, no competing with anyone (on the same site), no signing up to anything, just running a business on a grassroots level.

I've got some experience in cold calling, and I have no problem emailing people out of the blue. I think I have a lot of value to offer in the things that I do / can do, but it's very demoralizing having to go through so many hurdles.

I hate the thought of constantly having to drum up business, but I'm certainly willing to do it in an efficient way, if there is one. I don't know what that would be though.

Surely there has to be a way to generate sales without having to compete with bazillions of other hopefuls on the same site.

Is there a way?

Messages In This Thread