rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Natural ways to boost Testosterone?

Natural ways to boost Testosterone?

Quote: (06-12-2015 12:55 PM)SamuraiJack Wrote:  

I agree with Vincent that if you have low testosterone, you should focus on your lifestyle first before considering TRT.

. . .

Here are the key lifestyle changes I focused on to increase my testosterone naturally...

1) Diet
For years, I've been doing a low carb diet in an attempt to keep my weight under control. To increase my testosterone, I changed to a more balanced diet: 40% Carbs, 31% Fat, 29% Protein. Now I focus more on the carbs and fat than on the protein. This change had an effect on my libido and morning wood within 24 hours. I wasn't expecting that, but it gave motivation that I was on the right track.

I also eat at a slight calorie deficit so that I'm losing about .5 lb every week. I combine this diet with intermittent fasting (basically skipping breakfast). The goal is to lose bodyfat slowly as to avoid messing with metabolism and the endocrine system. As Galahad noted, losing bodyfat is critical for maintaining or raising testosterone.

2) Sleep
For years I survived on 4-6 hours of sleep a night. I now prioritize my sleep and target between 7-9 hours a night. On average, I get 8 hours of sleep every night.

3) Exercise
I've exercised regularly for years, mainly lifting weights. I've continued with that, but lift only 3 days per week now. I perform 5 exercises per workout, 2 sets per exercise, with a focus on lifting heavy. This takes me just under an hour to complete. I used to add in cardio like running or tabata. Instead of that, I now walk briskly for about 45 min on the other 4 days (about 2.5 miles for me). So I now exercise 7 days a week, 3 days of heavy lifting and 4 days of brisk walking.

4) Reduce Stress
Another big factor is reducing stress in order to keep cortisol low. As RockHard noted, Cortisol will impact Testosterone (they have an inverse relationship). That is one reason I replaced running/tabata with brisk walking.

real good post.

on diet, i would add (a) cut back on alcohol, (b) cut back on things which may trigger allergic or inflammatory responses, like dairy, wheat, or hot spices, © ACV to kill gut yeast, (d) supplements - zinc, magnesium, anything that you are missing, when you get it you'll be Wow!, and (e) organic celery - really puts lead in my pencil.

on sleep, put tinfoil over your windows and eliminate any light emitting devices by covering up alarm clocks, taping over the lights on stereos, etc.

stress - if i have multiple deadlines at work on a day, i'm drained at the end of it. there is not a lot you can do about this except to be cognizant of it.

other - wear looser fitting underwear, like boxers. Also, I sleep in loose fitting sleep pants without underwear.

Messages In This Thread