rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Alone or Find a Wing?

Travel Alone or Find a Wing?

I've traveled alone, with friends of a different mindset to me, and with friends of a similar mindset to me over the years. Traveling with people with very difference preferences to you is the worst of all options. You'll end up having to make so many compromises, and waste so much time, that you'll just end up resenting them. Its bad. Traveling by yourself is OK, but quite lonely at times. And it does restrict your options: some things just aren't fun by yourself. Plus it weakens you game wise - both in terms of who you can approach, and in that it makes so many of your nights out revolve around scoring instead of just having fun. And as you mention it limits you greatly accommodation (and transport sometimes) wise.

The best option is definitely being able to travel with friends of a similar mindset to you. You're right in that you are missing out hugely on that. I'm lucky enough to have a group of 5 guys from playing rugby with in uni that I've done most of my traveling with. They're all in good shape still, have a decent amount of disposable income, and good game at this stage. And they all work in Europe so have 30 days a year of leave to spend on travel. When I'm traveling with this group we spend our days doing fun activities - jetskiing, shooting guns etc - whatever the local activity is. This is way more fun doing it with mates than it would be solo. And then at night we can either chill or else go gaming; the option is there to do both. And if we go gaming we can always make the most of it, since you've already got good social proof wherever you go being in a group of fun guys. Accommodation/car rental wise you almost always have better options in a group too. Penthouses, villas etc become reasonably priced.

Its easier said than done to say "find a group of like minded individuals" though I know. I'd recommend looking into sports teams wherever you are. If you pick one with a suitable social class that plays it you'll likely be making friends with other educated, middle class, men with disposable income. Who are the most likely demographic for finding suitable travel buddies. Rugby Union and cricket in the Anglosphere, or anywhere with large expat populations, would be the best I'd recommend. If its a physical sport like rugby the guys will usually be in good shape too, which raises the chance of them having good game quite significantly.

Messages In This Thread