rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USA citizen moving to Montreal

USA citizen moving to Montreal

Yes there are other Montreal topics out there but lets start a fresh one. So whats the deal with moving to Montreal as someone with USA citizenship or at least spending time living there?

I don't want to hear the typical "Oh they dont want you there" or "You can not get a job without knowing French"... Please, mercy!

No I do not know French. "But I can learn French".. Cripes.. Obviously like every other Tom Dick and Harry from the USA who doesnt know French yet but wants to live in a French speaking country anyways... Tell me the positive parts.

I have some money saved up. Enough for a year. Arent there social services for teaching people the language? Re there government services for finding jobs?

Question immigration will ask: Do I have some special skill to offer that nobody in Montreal can not do? Answer: no, but Im totally awesome. Like some new yorker I suppose. That sh.t is not enough?

Do you have a college degree: no, not yet, but Id like to take classes in Montreal, including French classes for sure

What if I was there and knocked up some Frenchie tart? Will that get me citizenship easier?

How about getting a job at a restaurant? Are those tough to get in Montreal? I heard the job market is tight.

I heard the taxes are nuts and the groceries are expensive but the rents are lower then usual. Would a server or waiter job be enough to float myself financially?

Who would want an American speaking shoddy French serving them food in Montreal? They want Frenchies only? Whats the real deal here. Positive aspects. Down low real helpful information for how an American can hack Montreal...

Whats the real estate scene like in Montreal? Whats it like for investors and for sales agents?

Somebody please give me the low down. Id like positive info but do not sugar coat this. Id like to move there. Thanks

Messages In This Thread