rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Clomid for Testosterone

Clomid for Testosterone

Quote: (11-28-2016 12:56 PM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

Checking in late to this thread.

I was taking 25mg q.d. of Clomid for almost a year. Testosterone shot up from 300 to 1200. Made good gains in the gym, and for a few months my libido was back. Slept really well, could concentrate better at work, more motivated to improve all aspects of myself.

By July of this year I noticed that my chest had little manboobs even though I'm not overweight. I was pretty bloated too. Got my estrogen pulled and it was 70. Went to my urologist who instructed me to take 12.5mg q.d. Testosterone went down to 600 and with it estrogen to 35. Strong libido mostly disappeared, otherwise no changes. Less emotional than before, but less motivated at work. Testosterone definitely affects your dopamine.

I developed an eye floater and went to an ophthalmologist in October. She reported that I was developing glaucoma given that my eye pressure was around 22, and one of my retina nerves looked odd. I told her that I was on clomid and she said that that had nothing to do with my glaucoma since she had looked into the issue for other patients in the past. Regardless I went off clomid immediately and scheduled an appt. with her in 30 days.

30-day follow-up indicated no change in ocular pressure. I took a visual-field test and passed easily. My ophthalmologist suspects that my eyes have always had high pressure and that it's just normal. I have a follow-up in a year, regardless I got off clomid for good.

I also had my semen analysed as my wife and I are trying to get pregnant. Sperm concentration was 128 million/ml (normal is >= 20), total ejaculate volume was 257 million sperm (normal is >= 40), and motile sperm count was 86 million/ml (normal is >= 10). So, I was making sperm at least 5x above normal level.

The bad part is that only 5% of my sperm were considered normal. Normal reference for morphology is >= 14%. Regardless, my doctor said I should easily be able to get my wife pregnant with that much sperm (he has never seen a level as high as mine). Let's just say that I think my doctor is right [Image: banana.gif]

Overall I would rank clomid a C+ for TRT, and an A- for fertility. Your estrogen shoots up way too quickly and is hard to control. I felt good for about four out of the 12 months I took it. I will now look into test cyp plus hcg to maintain more normal levels. Unfortunately my doctor will only give me test pellets, so if I can convince him to give me hcg with that, then I'll try that first. Otherwise it's test cyp through an HRT clinic.

And regarding long-term safety: here's a long-term study performed at Memorial Sloan Kettering. No adverse side effects, T remained above baseline for patients going out three years when they ended the trial. Bone density improved.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22458540

Sorry about your issues. Some people are just more estrogen sensitive than others. Were your clomid tablets mixed with DIM and Aromisin to control the estrogen spikes.?

Messages In This Thread