rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I prepare for "rock bottom"? I think I might be headed there soon enough. Help

How do I prepare for "rock bottom"? I think I might be headed there soon enough. Help

Alright, I'm gonna say that I feel queasy about your situation man. You've fucked up quite a few things, but it sounds like you recognize them, which is more than what most dudes can say so things are only gonna get better from now on.

1) BUST YOUR ASS FOR THE NEXT 2 SEMESTERS. Like the above poster said, you still have plenty of time in college to bump that GPA up. If you can even get a 2.7 the vocational jobs will still highly consider you.

2) 2 options
a. join a vocational / industrial role. This could be related to oil, construction, or even mechanic, medical assistant of some sort. You need to make big money in a short amount of time and you'll only do that by taking a job that no one else really wants to do or is currently underrated.
b. teach English overseas. If you have a B.S., get that TEFL certificate ASAP, and teach English in either the Middle East (hey, your looks might help you) or China for most bang for your buck. May require some forging of documents.

3) Get a Master's degree abroad. There's a few good universities in Scandanavia and Brazil that are free for foreigners IIRC, and in fact I did my Master's in Asia and got *paid* for it. Plenty of ways to get a Master's with minimal impact on your wallet, and it's a good opportunity to re-start.

4) To ease the financial burden of being abroad, order some LSD off the black market, and sell it to the exchange kids on that campus. You'll make way more money there than you would here, and would pocket yourself a solid few hundred bucks per month at minimal risk.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Messages In This Thread