rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I prepare for "rock bottom"? I think I might be headed there soon enough. Help

How do I prepare for "rock bottom"? I think I might be headed there soon enough. Help

- Cut the substances immediately - booze and drugs. You say 'I really need to get off the drugs' in your OP. This is how losers think. As you've said, you're well on your way to being one of those, however, there's a proverb I remember seeing TLoO quote on here, that goes something like 'no matter how far you've gone down the wrong road; turn back', and it's good advice. You've realised you've done the wrong thing, and you should turn back immediately - not meander on a little while down a route you know is leading you nowhere.

- Get your GPA up. I don't know much about how the US college system works, but you ought to be able to improve it between now and graduation. Get every point added to it you can. Do extra classes or credits if possible.

- Sales may not be for you - you say you've fucked some tinder slut and then a few hookers because you haven't had the balls to chat up chicks. Cold calling is brutal - much worse than going up to some girl and saying hello. You have to go and ring some guy's doorbell and disrupt him while he's beating his wife, and try to flog him some new double glazing. The good news is you can find out whether you'd be good at it. Talk to a local business, get some fliers, and get a commission based job that you can do in your spare time. Loads of small businesses would LOVE to be able to employ salesmen on those terms.

- Don't cut your friends altogether if you can avoid it. Most will drift away naturally if the friendship is built around booze. One or two might surprise you with how steadfast they'll be. The cost of losing that would be a heavy addition to your already reduced situation.

Encouragingly, you don't seem to be wallowing in self-pity. That is good, it'll get you nowhere. Accept your situation and crack on with doing what you can to make it less bad by the time you leave.

Messages In This Thread