rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using Airbnb to make money

Using Airbnb to make money

Quote: (11-02-2016 02:29 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I forgot to update (increase) my prices as my cash flow problem was solved. I have a 3 day returning guest tomorrow....and an IRT just fucking booked my place for the night. From the gust of it, he seems like a nightmare....first message he's already demanding the place be ready in 30 minutes. The dude just booked it 10 minutes ago, give me a fucking break.

I've done AirBnB (and other booking platforms) on multiple properties for a while now. One thing I have noticed is a strong correlation between the short-notice of the guests booking and the guests' neediness. To prevent that, I've configured my listings to disallow same-day booking, so guests can't book and expect to check in immediately.

Another thing I do is to politely decline any request for discounts, or basically any concession requested by my guests. I have found that guests who ask for discounts or other concessions are the ones who will cause issues.

I provide a premium product as evidenced by double-digits of five-star reviews, therefore I have no need to bend to the whim of any guest. I keep my pricing at the high end of the market for the same reason.

I would rather sit vacant than to host a problem guest.

Adopting this hard line on concession has the further benefit of garnering guest respect. Once guests figure out I don't play that, they often back off their requests and book anyway, thus accepting my frame.

CR, totally agreed that guests like this are potential nightmares. Above are some of the steps I take to avoid this kind of guest.

Messages In This Thread