rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vinny's Russian language assistance thread

Vinny's Russian language assistance thread

Quote: (10-26-2016 10:50 AM)crudeloyalist Wrote:  

Just seen the first episode of Кухня.
Vinny, you said being able to understand 2 for every 5 words in your lazy language thread is good enough. That's probably where I'm at. This show seems fun so I'll give it a try.

The benefit is that you will pick up some food lingo. Girls like to talk about food.
Back when I was learning English I watched a lot of series about hospitals - MD House, Scrubs and even Gray's Anatomy (was this beta?). So I ended up learning shit loads of organ names, deceases and various medical equipment names. I am pretty sure I know more medical terms in English than I know in Russian [Image: biggrin.gif]
Sorry can't assist you with checking youtube translation. I don't have access to youtube here at work.

Quote: (10-26-2016 12:06 PM)reverze41 Wrote:  

что это значит "майченка"?

It is a diminutive from "майка" mayka - shirt.
Mayka (shirt) - maychenka (little shirt)
Yubka (skirt) - yubchenka (little skirt)

Quote: (10-26-2016 11:17 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

Но есть ровная мазуля пацанятам раскрутиться

This is not Russian any more. This word "мазуля" is from феня (fenya). Cryptolanguage created by criminals in GULAGS to avoid being understood by guards. Later on parts of this language penetrated common Russian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenya

Messages In This Thread