rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

Quote: (10-23-2016 11:28 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Yeah man I gave up bench years ago - never looked back. Shoulders thanked me for it profusely.

I really like "pseudo-planche pushups" as a pressing replacement. You can make them VERY hard - to the point that most people couldn't crank out one rep - just by moving your hands a down few inches. Easy to find a sweet spot for hand placement that lets you hit 5, 8 or 10+ reps before failure.

You can do them anywhere, and will never need to add weight - you can move to the planche pushup progressions when you're strong in them.

Technique here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odcPqBOlJhI

Planche isn't something I've messed with. I'll have to start working in the easier movements.

I do divebomber pushups a lot. Absolutely love this exercise and think it's a highly underrated movement that I hardly ever see people doing - it just feels "right" to me, but maybe that's because we did them so much in high school wrestling. Back then we called it the Saturday Nighter. [Image: biggrin.gif]

I broke both my hands a couple months back and one healed faster than the other (no surgery), so recently I've been playing with one-handed divembombers. That shit is a no-joke way to cap off a workout indeed.

Quote: (10-23-2016 11:32 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

BB - weighted chins (palm facing) are IMO the best bicep builders, bar none. Absolutely smash the rest of your upper back too. I'd say this is the king of upper body exercise.

My experience is limited but so far I agree.

Quote:Quote:

I like pistols alot but don't like them holding weight. I think it's too easy to slip off balance and put your knee in a bad position. For now I'm going for 20+ rep sets which gives me a while to progress. Maybe a weighted vest would be good for pistols.

Great idea. I might try this once I'm pumping out sets of 15-20.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread