rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

The Bodyweight Workout Thread

Whenever I have extended time off from the gym, I start with bodyweight workouts, and usually do 5-10 of these workouts before I go under the bar or higher intensity.

Here is one I have been doing lately;

10 Rounds in 20 minutes of;
10 Airsquats
10 Pushups
10 Situps
5 Dead hang pullups
10 burpees

Then followed by 3 30 second back bridge holds, like what you see about from Matt Furey. He's right on the mark btw with his theory for back bridges, its one of the best exercises for your back. If you have back issues, start doing them.

I am starting this tomorrow morning at 6am, and want to do this 4-5x per week for a few weeks, before I head back into the crossfit gym. Its a scaled down version of the workout Murph;

Run 1 mile
50 pullups
50 pushups
50 airsquats
Run 1 mile

It should come out to 30 minutes or so for me. After I do this for a few weeks I will scale up to a full Murph which is;

with a 20# vest
Run 1 mile
100 pullups
100 pushups
100 airsquats
Run 1 mile

It usually takes me about an hour, or less when I am conditioned.

I just quit my pricey gym membership, to switch up my lifestyle a bit. I will be exercising in the park, running, body weight, using my weightvest and kettle bells I have at home. I live next to a big park with pullups and girls to hit on.

Messages In This Thread