rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio Trip Report

Rio Trip Report

Cripes, I just left Rio yesterday, I was reading your report and waiting for a mention of myself in there somewhere! Sounds like you had a blast, wasnt new years mental? Im going to go back to Rio for New Years again some time with a bunch of friends and rent one of those awesome Leblon rooftop pads that are on airbnb.com and do it in style! One thing I did notice was that if you manage to get girls back to the rooftop pads with a pool, anything can and will happen! http://www.gringomanagement.com is another site for apartments. You´re right, its hard not to get screwed over new years price wise.

I got an Oi! SIM card for RS10 .

Rio Scenarium is fantastic on fridays, definitely worth going. I couldnt miss a Friday there even if I was really hung over. With regards to the language thing, I met a lot of girls who when opened in English, claimed they couldnt speak it, but if you continued to be playful and cheeky and speak clearly, they got the vibe and started speaking to you in English. So dont give up immediately if they claim they cant speak the lingo!

Casa Rosa was another spot that was decent, some nights it was a bit low on quality but the set up is great for gaming: there are two dancefloor rooms that play different kinds of music, and this big open outdoor courtyard without music blasting which is a great place to open chicks. Trick seemed to be to talk to them in the courtyard, then bring them to dance. I did well doing this, bringing them to dance to the euro dance music I was used to or asking them to show me what the vibe was like in the Funk room and show me how to dance to it ;-) Sundays are best in my experience. When I went on a saturday night it was a really really young crowd. Has anyone else noticed how skinny young brazilians can get? Those malnourished arms? Someone get a ham sandwich over here!

Anyway, really interesting point made about the fast makeouts. They dont really get you anywhere unless its the end of the night, because you make out early and it kind of releases a lot of tension from the interaction which can make it hard to hang on in there to get the girl home, which could take a long time presuming shes with her friends and you all have to leave at the same time. I havent figured out what to do with this one, other than to tease it out, or just enjoy the make out and get contact info if you figure the chance of the SNL isnt high.

I found that even with my cheap SIM card girls wanted facebook...and that I built up a large amount of girls who I would then chat to during the day and arrange to meet later on. With mixed results! Some just wanted you to entertain them on facebook, some would flake when you arrange to meet, but I did have some results with arranging dates via facebook with girls Id made out with but couldnt land that night.

Generally there isnt an awful lot of positive things written on the forum about Rio, but I had an absolute blast there and loved the city. Maybe some people dont like it because it used to be far better, or because there are better places in Brazil, but compared to most cities ive visited across the world, it is amazing. The beaches, the girls, the climate, the friendliness and playfulness of the people are all top notch. It´s a pity it´s not architecturally beautiful like BA is, but thats about the only criticism id have.

Im looking forward to seeing other parts of Brazil and seeing how they compare to Rio.

takeda

Messages In This Thread