rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio Trip Report

Rio Trip Report

Quote: (01-10-2012 04:21 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

If there wss a preponderance of meatheads,huge ,monster guys it's because there must be a big steroid culture to go with the gyms.
You only get so big without roids, can usually tell if their faces are drawn and they look old rather than fresh.Not a good look .

I have first hand knowledge of steroid usage in Brazil, but I have done Jiu Jitsu for about 3 years and it is constantly talked about on the forums. It is my understanding from writings of Brazilian competitors, as well as people living in Rio, that there is not much stigma attached to steroid use in Brazil like there is here in the US. My understanding is that it's fairly common for guys to do steroids to look good at the beach. It is a big subject in the Jiu Jitsu community with some top Brazilian competitors calling our others about steroid usage and demanding drug testing for top events.

Messages In This Thread