rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Ko Phi Phi

Datasheet: Ko Phi Phi

Quote: (01-08-2012 11:54 AM)Richie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2012 11:15 AM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2012 12:23 AM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2012 11:56 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

I wasn't that impressed with Koh Samui, too touristy and i was there in May.

Koh Phangan is a sleepier version of Koh Samui like Koh Samui is a sleepier version of Phuket.

So what were you impressed with?

Haven't found my perfect Thai island yet. Koh Samui was more touristy than I expected so I guess that disappointed me. It was still fun.

Koh Samui vs Koh Phangan

Beaches even
high end options, nightlife and women Samui wins

Phangan has a more relaxed hippy vibe with less nightlife options. Bouncing btwn the two is a good option.

I got screwed and my fishing trip was rained out 2 or 3 days in a row so I was stuck in Koh Samui longer than I wanted to be.

My main knock on Samui would be that I saw too many tourists for my taste and that was in May, not the high season. Usually i'm not a "if i see other gringos this place sucks" kind of guy, but when half or more the people you see look like you.......
Ko Tao has nice diving and more chill than Koh Phangan, also close by.

Hope this helps some, look forward to hearing about ur trip.

Well you live and learn. To be honest that was a little naive. Thailand is an international tourist hotspot and Koh Samui is well known for being among the most developed. What were you expecting? It's almost funny.
I know exactly what I'm getting myself into thats why I am going there. There are plenty of other places to go in Thailand if you want to experience real culture.

I went there in low season and i didn't expect half of Europe to be there. So yes i'm naive and you're a genius.

so in your infinite wisdom where else would you recommend that meets G Manifesto's desires but is less touristy than Koh Samui?

Messages In This Thread