rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kiev Summer 2016 Datasheet

Kiev Summer 2016 Datasheet

I spent 4 weeks in Kiev, partying basically every night, so I hope some of this can help you guys.

ABOUT ME

28 years old and American, living in Toronto, where according to this site the girls are awful, although I actively and strongly dispute that. I'm pretty good looking but nothing too special, 5'10'', 165.

Travel experience: I've traveled through most of Europe, a bit of South America and Central America, and only Thailand for Asia.

LOGISTICS

Anywhere in the main part of the city is good, as most of the girls you meet will be from the outer parts of the city. Basically any of the clubs or bars are with in $2-4 for a cab. Be prepared to pay for the cab for the girl to get home, they are very stingy. We paid $1200 for a 2 bedroom townhouse. One bedroom in the St Michaels Cathedral area will set you back $800-900 or so, so not incredibly cheap on that aspect.

THE GIRLS

Absolutely stunning, unless you need curves. Tall and skinny and dressed to a T, for me they are almost unbeatable.

SPEAKING OF ENGLISH...

Depends on the age. Under 25 is pretty decent for the most part. 25-35 is a bit hit and miss. Older than 35 is probably 20%.

Most restaurants have at least one English speaking waiter, and they will basically all have menus in English.

PRECURSOR:
You won't be having one night stands unless you pay for it. That's life in Kiev, and you won't change it. Don't get me wrong, it's possible, but it is very rare and like nothing you've probably ever seen before. So that said, here's the strategy:

Date 1 - If it's an online date, ask them to go for a walk. You meet at a park or a subway stop, and if they like you and everything is going well you can grab a drink. Try for the kiss, you'll probably get shut down, but do it anyway.

If it's someone you meet at the club or bar, try to let them know that you want to go for a 2nd date with them. They will probably laugh and say "this isn't a date, we just met," but just say, nope this counts as a first date. If you don't set it up like this, then please see above for date 1 the next time you meet.

Date 2- Meet at a cooler, quiet bar. My personal preference was Nikka Bar (see below). It should be pretty easy to get a kiss in early on in this date. Maybe go to a park after and try to push it a bit, but most likely that's all you'll be getting.

Date 3- Go for a light dinner and suggest to go back to your place for some champagne. If they are out with you for date 3, they know what that entails.

NIGHTGAME

ARENA:
Skybar is the top club in Kiev. I only went there twice, but the talent is beyond anything you've ever seen. It's a pretty crazy time, but a bit expensive. If you are going there I'd recommend just anteing up for the bottle service. $240 gets you a table and admission for 8 people, so it's not so bad. That would pay for about 4 bottles of Ciroc plus mixers. Friday and Saturday only.

The Bar: This is where the Ukrainian girls go to meet foreigners. The level of English here will typically be pretty good and any day of the week can be hit or miss. It does get quite busy on the weekends though. Good cocktails at about $6-8.

**I personally didn't frequent Arena much as I prefer places with as few prostitutes as possible, but there are a few other clubs there.

UBK - My personal favorite. You'll be one of the only tourists there and it's a bunch of 18-25 year olds with typically a good ratio of girls/guys. The venue is a pain to get to, as you have to walk across the pedestrian bridge close to Poshtova Ploscha, hang a right and walk about 300 meters and you can't miss it. Fridays and Saturdays are the prime time here, and the line can get quite long. There's a dance floor, a whole buch of sitting areas, and a beach for you to get some privacy. My average nights there I'd collect contact info for about 5 girls, and get a couple makeouts in (FIRST DATES!!). They let everyone in and cover is $2. Also, a fantastic 1st or 2nd date is meeting at poshtova ploscha and walking across the bridge with a girl to here. If it's a 2nd date and she has never done it, you can also zipline with her across the river for $8.

Forsage - It's a bit of a drive, but another young bar where you will be the only local. A table costs $8 each and it's a deposit for drinks, where its about $20 for a bottle of vodka and 6 cans of redbull. Get a table. English can be a bit more poor here, but just invite girls to drink at your table and focus on the ones that speak english. Even the non attractive ones can share some of the booze, just use them as wingwomen. Don't tell the women you are dating that you went here haha, every girl shits on it so bad.

Shooters- Where to begin... it's intereseting to say the least. You'll see body shots, towers of drinks on fire, people getting hit with shit while they are wearing a helmet, all sorts of stuff. Probably your best chance at a one night stand as well. Wednesday is the night to go here, as they don't let me in until midnight and women drink for free before that. Typically I had pretty good luck, but leave it as a back burner option, not your first go.

Caribbean Club- also good on Wednesday's as it is ladies night. Expect a lot of mostly naked dancers, both male and female. Bottle service is the way to go here as the bar is really awkwardly set up if you don't do that. A bit of an older crowd here.

Coyote Ugly- The same one you may have been to in the USA, expect the same shenanigans but with Ukrainians. Not many tourists is a bonus. Once again, I'd recommend getting a table. I think it was about $30 for a liter of vodka and all our mixers. Almost every time there were girls here I had success. Sometimes it is dead, in which case Shooters is just a 10 minute walk, but Thur/Fri/Sat are normally good.

Sorry Babushka- another student bar, with a karaoke club on the main floor, dance club upstairs, and strip club in the basement. I had a bit of trouble meeting girls here, but the talent was solid. Proceed with caution, but worth checking out.

SMALLER BARS:
Paravoz- a small speakeasy pretty close to arena. Good for a date or meeting friends for dinner/cocktails. If you are making a night of it, it's close to Banka Bar

Banka Bar- a crazy little place with strong cocktails and campbell soup can wallpaper. They have a cocktail called a one way ticket. 2 absinthe shots (smoked and drank), 1 sambuka, and a foaming over bear, in a row, for $6. Go with your boys to pregame and chat up some groups of girls.

Barbara Bar- Multi floor complex, pretty relaxed with a nice rooftop. Great place for a date or meeting girls. Personally I liked the Kiev Mule cocktail.

PR Bar- Great place to pregame on Wednesday nights as it's the Couchsurfing meeting. Can meet some girls and head to a different bar, or meet guys and go to Shooters together.

Palata No 6- More of a bro pregame spot than anything, but check it out. Its a hospital theme, with the highlight being when you put on a fireproof coat, soldier helmet, and get hit on your head (which is on fire) but everything from wrenches to fire extinguishers to kegs while taking a series of 3 shots in a row. The bartenders are wearing scrubs and they also have great platters of shots served in test tubes.

BEACH CLUBS:

Beach clubs are where you must spend every Saturday and Sunday afternoon in Kiev. Just do it. They have drinks and food to cure your hangover, if the sight of the sexiest women you've ever seen doesn't do the job.

City Beach Club-
Get here early -1030am-, its first come first serve and you'll want a sun bed. Cost is $32 and you get 4 people in for that. Otherwise you'll be paying $8 each anyway for a way less social place you can bring girls back to. I found the pools the best place to talk to girls, but you have lots of options. Loud music and great parties on the weekends.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/234482869/

Bora Bora Beach Club-
My personal favorite. Get a centered sun bed and chat away to girls. Relaxed vibes and friendly people overall. They do reservations so you don't have to get here quite so early. Also a good option on the weekends for a night party. I found the walks to the bathroom very rewarding and almost every time brought a girl back to our table (where I was already locked down for the night, what a wingman haha)

Olmeca Beach Club-
More relaxed, and a bit less social than the other two. That said, I met the hottest girl of my entire trip there on my only approach. For severe hangovers, this might be the best option. $320 deposit for a table gets you 10 people in. Good luck using it up, we had 30 shots, a bottle of vodka and mixers and we still had enough left to order over 15 bottles of champagne.

DAYGAME

Basically anywhere. The best spots would probably be around Maidan square, in the malls, or on the beach at hidropark.

DATE VENUES
Hyatt Bar on 8- Pretty expensive $10 cocktails, but an amazing view of 2 of the cathedrals. Go there for a drink, get a kiss, and go for a walk.

Blues Bar-
I enjoyed Thursday nights here for dates. Every night has live music, but thursday is open mic night. Always pretty busy, and a good place to have a beer or snack and listen to some tunes.

Nikka Bar- My go to date spot. Not very busy on my date nights (Sun-Tue), and the back room is completely private from even the bartenders. You can sit on a couch with girl and enjoy amazing cocktails. A bit on the expensive end $6-8.

FOOD
Honestly, just check tripadvisor and other lists online, you can't go too wrong. Copper bar was 24hr, so that was nice for some late night snacks. Obrien's is a great place to catch some sports. You can't go too wrong though, even if it's not the best you are only out 5-10 dollars max.

QUALITY OF LIFE/CONCLUSION

Give it time and you will come to love Kiev. It takes a week or two to start understanding it, but it really is a blast. The people are extremely friendly, along with being one of the most patriotic countries I've ever seen.

There is an outdoor gym at hidropark called Kachulka where I worked out. Many of the machines are made of car parts, but don't get me wrong, it has more equipment than any gym you've ever been to, I'm talking like 60 benches. It was more for the comedy of it than anything, but the bonus is you do get a tan. Also the beach is only about 300 meters away.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-iron.html

The women are 2nd to none, and everything is about 10% the cost of London. The buildings are amazing, the laughs you get from the lack of laws and regulations is endless, and the safety is not a question, I'd feel safer there at 2am than downtown New York/Chicago/LA.

Finally, I'll give you the blueprint to success in Kiev.
1. Don't fret flakes, they flake early and often.
2. Have a pimp instagram account.
3. Here is the entirety of what many of your conversations should consist of.

You - Hello
Her- Shy response, Hi.
You- Do you speak english?
Her- So-So (a little) (some)
You- What is your name.
Her- Anastasia
You- You live in Kiev?
Her- Yes, and you(only sometimes they ask, but the next response is the same regardless)
You- I am from America, have you ever been to America
Her- No
You- You would like to go to New York wouldn't you?
Her- Laughs, yes how do you know.
You- You seem like you would like it. Do you have Instagram?
Her- Yes- add her, look through her pictures and like a few that stick out. Then offer her to look at yours.
You- We should go for a drink later this week
Her- Yes, ok
You- I'll message you on instragam, nice to meet you.

I didn't get laid for the first week, but by the last week I had a rotation that was filling every night of the week, so don't get down if you don't get any action early on.

If you have any questions, hit me up.

Messages In This Thread