rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How would you pitch this product?

How would you pitch this product?

I would like to pitch a product to a tool company, or companies, Black and Decker, Mastercraft, Makita...etc. I've come up with a minor adjustment on a tool that every construction worker uses. It took nothing to get a prototype done. Took it to a construction job, and when no one was around, really put it through it's paces. It works amazing.
It would cost about an extra 20 to 80 cents of material ( more on the lower end ) to make the adjustment. So, a company makes a die, and just cranks these things out like hammers. It's soo simple, and it's Damn effective.

Problem is, I can't patent it. It's not unique or original enough. I can't ask for a Non-disclosure Agreement, the person could sign it, then send the idea off to a friend and get a batch made. The idea is so copyable.....but it's GOOD. I can't believe no one has thought of this. I checked patents, online for 3 hours. Doesn't exist. I suppose if a company picked it up, they'd have to flood the market quickly before it got copied. I don't know, I'm not a businessman, I'm just guessing here. I want at least a 100k for the idea, if you think of how many construction workers are out there and then have 10% of them spend an extra five bucks at a local tool store to purchase one. This would amount to over a million dollar profit margin easily.

Ideas or thoughts?

Messages In This Thread