rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Keto diet experiences?

Keto diet experiences?

Quote: (07-30-2016 03:59 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

how long are each of your workouts and what is the percentage of what could be considered as cardio as compared with resistance training.

I weight lift and do free body exercises (i.e. pushups) + stationary bike 4 times per week. The weights and free body stuff takes me about 1-1/2 hours. Normally I do three sets for each exercise. I have a Swedish ball, kettle weights, dumbbells, a bench, a mat, and resistant bands. Lots of core and upper body work (with focus on the shoulder I am trying to rebuild). I do some squats and dead-lifts, but I need a proper barbell and rack to do it well. This is on the shopping list when I build my home gym early next year. I use the bike for about 15 minutes at a very high setting, doing sort of sprints (the bike simulates going up hills with varying resistance).

The remaining day is normally just the bike at a high resistance for about 45 minutes and some dumbbell and resistant band work for my upper body. I burn about 330 kcal on the bike that day.

And, how do you figure 5 days?

I work out 5 days Monday thru Sunday. I am a landlord with a day job and my evenings get interrupted all the time with calls, repairs, etc. So I don't have a schedule set in stone. Normally though, I take Saturdays off because I am too busy with projects around the apartment to work out... or I take the wife out somewhere. the remaining day of the week is a day I am too tired from work to work out.

When I first started out three years ago, I could barely do 15 minutes on the bike at a low setting. Thought I was going to drop dead at times in the middle of the ride. 18 months ago I couldn't do a single military style pushup.

Sounds like you have a pretty decent system worked out, and especially good that you have a way to monitor your progress, and since you have been doing this 18months and seem to be doubling down (hahahahahaha.. maybe not quite double?), it will be interesting to know if you will still be able to maintain about 5 days per week 18 months from now.

To each our own, but after reading about some of your goals earlier, I don't think that 5 days is necessary - and probably 3-4 days per week would be sufficient and more sustainable... .and then I already said that I kind of disagree with the concept of burning or measuring calories in that regard, even though a lot of folks like to use those kinds of calorie frameworks as a kind of measure (I just think that it is an almost meaningless and nonsensical kind of measure - and there is no real need for me to attempt to go on and on about that particular point).

Messages In This Thread