rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Minsk, Belarus Data Sheet:

Minsk, Belarus Data Sheet:

I wrote this datasheet almost two years ago and reading this thread again brings back a lot of cool memories. I've been studying Russian all this time and I'd now describe my level to be lower intermediate (A2/B1 in the European framework). I'll be visiting Russia in 2017 and I'll also try to spend a few days in Minsk if I get the chance (obviously, I'll need a different visa and so on). For anyone staying less than a couple of weeks, I'd advise to focus more on sightseeing, tourism and so on. Less than that and getting laid becomes really hard as ONSs are rare, the exception would be if you've pipelined in advance through tinder, mamba, vk etc. By all means check out the nightlife and chat up the dyevushkas but I wouldn't keep my hopes too high.

Minsk seemed more like a long term thing, where a russian speaking expat would have a great time, specially if you develop a bit of a social circle with the locals (shout out to Traktor and 262 btw for their podcast on Minsk). In terms of the nightlife, according to TripleG, it was on par with Moscow on certain nights but unfortunately I visited during the summer when it was a bit more dead.

*EDIT: Here's 262 and Traktor's podcast on Minsk, it's very informative:

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Messages In This Thread