rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help - what to do with my life?

Help - what to do with my life?

I'm coming up in finance as well. I am trying to follow my uncle's footsteps, who like you, is from mexico. He is a Financial Advisor at one of the worlds biggest investment banks (won't disclose which firm here). He's the 2nd top producer at the firm in San Diego. About 90% of his clients are from Mexico. They like to invest there money with him as Mexican International investors have the privilege of avoiding taxes on there capital gains, dividends etc..
I have never been to Mexico by the Texas border. If it is anything like Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada there is probably LOTS of wealthy people.
The route he took was:
Started off as a personal banker at a local branch.
Then he passed his series 7 and got promoted to being an F.A. for the branch.
Here, is where he met the majority of his clients. Clients would come in to the branch to open up accounts, he would market himself and his investment skills and try to get them to open up a brokerage account with him. He built his book from scrap. Then he signed with a huge investment firm where the commission he received was huge. He got a $ 1 million dollar bonus just for signing with them. His salary varies, but he usually will take home over $800,000 per year. I was at his office when he made $55,000 in fees in one day! Some guy from Mexico City bought tons of preferred stocks from him and he made bank.
It sounds like you might be going the backdoor route (analyst, accounting etc).
I just thought I would give you the perspective from a Financial Advisor point of view.
You would have an advantage on many people as you speak Spanish.
It is hard work. You won't start off with a huge salary. If you can build a solid book of clients, FA's make tons of money and their hours diminish the more their clients trust them.

Messages In This Thread