rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

General Stalin's Progress Thread

General Stalin's Progress Thread

Did some bench last night and got invited to do "Strongman Fridays" with some of the guys at the gym.

I have decided to starting working on my own programing as I work up towards my max so have be switching to workup sets > lower reps

Bench Press - 1 x 10 x 135 (warmup)
1 x 8 x 165
1 x 6 x 175
1 x 4 x 185
1 x 2 x 205

In between those bench sets I fucked around with strongman stuff with the other guys. Did axle push-press for time. 55 lbs. 3" axle bar with 25 lbs. tires. Did 12 reps in 1 minute.

Then we pulled my truck with a harness. 60' best time wins. My truck weighs ~ 5600 lbs. I got the best time at 15.1 sec and best overall average of 3 pulls as well.

Back to my workout.

Bench - 2 x 8 x 165 >superset> 2 x 8 x 135 (second set my tris were fatigued and could only put up 6)

I decided to do some OHP and try and work towards a heavy single (PR).

Standing OHP - 1 x 8 x 95
1 x 6 x 105
1 x 4 x 115
1 x 1 x 135 (failed attempt)

I figured since I put up 115 for 4 then a single at 135 was in my grasp, but I couldn't put it up. A 20 lbs. jump is asking a lot for this sort of movement I understand. 125 may have been doable but I did not attempt. I'm sure doing the axle bar presses didn't help - will try another day.

Seated DB Shoulder press - 3 x 8 x 35 >ss> pullover complex - 3 x 8 x 65 >ss> Upright plate rows - 3 x 8 x 35

Weighed myself - 199.8 lbs.

Went home, did some late night grocery shopping. Ate a premium 1lbs. leg of lamb steak and an entire crown of broccoli and a handful of spinach. Topped it off with a tall smoothie (1 whole banana, 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter, ~1.5 cups whole milk, and 2 scoops of whey protein isolate).

My biggest fuck up is that I only got like 5 hours of sleep last night after all of that. Failing to get proper sleep is fucking me.

Messages In This Thread