rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuba Data Sheet - 3 Months Solid

Cuba Data Sheet - 3 Months Solid

Hey J! Nice write up on Cuba! +1

Been there over a dozen times and consider that country home away from home.

I wish you were able to touch on the food quality a bit during your 3 month stint: Groceries, prep, eating out, good restaurants versus bad...etc! Anthony Bourdain did a segment on Cuba in the season 6 opener. Well done!

I agree with the amount of walking! I experienced the same thing but mostly due to lack of knowledge of their transportation system and best ways to utilize buses and private or shared taxis. But all the walking paid off as I was able to see many nooks and crannies you just could not see or experience otherwise.

With the issue on Spanish speaking skills, I find that it is better to be know the language than use "Foreigner Value" to get by. My Spanish skills are weak and I do get by but there have been many occasions where I had to use hand signals to communicate which made me felt like a caveman. Having my local buddy around made things much easier.

Not sure how you managed three months in Cuba, that is a long stretch. But I will admit, the most fun I had was moving around constantly and being able to visit Havana, Cienfuegos, Santa Clara and Trinidad in 1 trip. Have you been to Trinidad? If you ever get a chance, try going up to the mountains in Trinidad, the National Park and Water Falls are sick!

Shocked that you gave Cienfuegos 1 star on your list!

I will be back there in August for a 4 day scuba diving trip. Can't wait!

Messages In This Thread